Saturday, January 19, 2013

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan

2013 starts with a trip to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan to begin talks with the CDC-KR and stakeholders from the Blood Banks and HIV labs.  These specific labs are wanting to work towards International Accreditation using one of our ASCP pathways (series of workshops and mentorships).  So far, we are as far as Istanbul- the airport is terrific and shopping at the 'Old World Bazaar' has been delightful.
ladies room in lounge

Turkish 'good luck' charms!

Too much shopping-not enough luggage space!

hand-painted bowls!

Open lounge for travelors

Old Bazaar Shops!

Looking into the Old Bazaar!

Coffee and dessert in the lounge.  I am loving United Airlines!
Many of you will chuckle when I tell you I have wanted to come to Turkey for 35+ years- after reading "The Thornbirds" en route to Germany shortly after Chuck and I were married.  So... 35 years later here I am!!  Flacotta Rugs and copper pots were on my "must have" list then- but did not find them at the bazaar- Cat, our daughter, will be arriving in 2 days and staying in town for 2-3 days on business and she promises to look for the copper pot for our kitchen!!
More later- time to charge my laptop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home